Requirements for Experienced Automotive Technician
- Ability to adhere to Wentworth Automotive Core Values
- A positive attitude and a desire to work as part of a team.
- A growth mindset and a willingness to learn.
- Driven to set and achieve challenging goals
- The ability to keep your work area clean and organized
- Strong aptitude for working with computers and new technology
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- At least 4 years of automotive experience in a professional shop.
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
- Your own tools are required.
- Diesel repair and maintenance experience is a bonus.
- Must be able to document and communicate detailed descriptions of diagnostics and repairs.
- Must be able to diagnose, maintain, and repair multiple vehicle systems including Engine, Transmission, Electrical, Steering, Suspension, Brakes, Air Conditioning, etc.
What you will be doing as an Experienced Automotive Technician:
- Digital Vehicle Inspections.
- General automotive maintenance and repair
- Wheel alignments
- Steering and suspension repair
- Brake system repair
- Diagnose computer systems including ABS, Airbag, and Engine controls
- Engine repair and maintenance including timing belts, head gaskets, and other mechanical issues
- Fuel system diagnosis and repair
- Transmission, transfer case, and differential diagnosis and repair.
- Cooling system diagnosis and repair
- Air conditioning diagnosis and repair
- Electrical diagnosis and repair.
Continuing education is important at Wentworth Automotive. All our technicians, service advisors, and managers are required to take 40 hours per year of paid continuing education training.